How Mental and Emotional Health Affects Hepatitis C
Mental and emotional health has a big impact on physical health, especially for those with hepatitis C. Hepatitis C patients can go through the valley of ups and downs physically, mentally, and emotionally often resulting in feeling weary and discouraged.
How mental and emotional health affects us physically
Mental and emotional stressors can also be associated with other physical conditions, weight loss or weight gain, heart problems, diabetes, migraine headaches, muscle, and joint aches, as well as continued liver damage.
Help for those with hep C
What helps hepatitis C patients:
- Caring attitude
- Acts of indness
- Physical help
When patients receive the help, they need it is like putting gas in an empty tank, uplifting a person with strength and hope can help physical health.
Where can patients receive help?
- Doctors, nurses, and their healthcare team
- Specialty pharmacy
- Support group
- Pastor or minister
- Licensed professional counselor, or life coach
What can patients do?
- Talk to your doctor about how you feel, ask about tests like blood work to see if there is an imbalance or deficiency
- Talk to a licensed professional counselor, life coach, or pastor who can help you work through what you are experiencing
- Eat nutritious meals and healthy snacks to keep your blood sugar balanced and healthy
- Exercise. Even mild exercise like walking 10 to 15 minutes per day is beneficial to boosting your immune system and brain chemicals like endorphins which also help you mentally and emotionally
- Get 8 hours of sleep per night
- Manage stress
- Take time to do something you enjoy
- Spend time with others you enjoy
- Journal: Gratitude journals and other forms of journals are beneficial
- Concentrate on your gains instead of losses
- Share your story with others in our community. You can receive encouragement from others who understand what it is like to deal with hepatitis C and liver disease
If you are experiencing anxiety, depression, or not eating or sleeping well, be proactive and get the help you need. Your liver and your health are worth it!
Are you experiencing anxiety, depression, or other issues while dealing with hepatitis C? How are you dealing with them?
Do you experience long-term side effects from hep C treatment?