caret icon Back to all discussions

Hep C: My 2024 experience.

I was CURED July 8, 2024.
There are new Harvoni generics available from Mylan/Pfizer/Upjohn. My NJ clinic center sent a prescription for these generics to a Canadian pharmacy. An additional 12 week treatment (3 bottles) was sent by accident. These are unopened and I have all the paperwork and I’m hoping someone who cannot afford it, can use it. Perhaps I can donate? I don’t want to break any laws or do anything unethical, but I will authorize you to speak to the nurses there, and they have been aware of that medication was missing before I received replacements, then a second shipment arrived before I started my revenu en. The plan was that I would help someone else in need.

1. Hi . Unfortunately, it is illegal to share your prescription medication with anyone else in the United States, but you should be able to donate it. SIRUM is a wonderful organization that accepts donatons of medicatons and distributes them to those in need. Here is a link: https://sirum.org/ . Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to donate the medication. There are so many people who need, but can't afford, treatment. Your generousity will allow someone else to be cured. Best wishes. - Lori (Team Member)

1. Thank you, Lori.
      I went on the Sirum website before I came to this community site, and it seems they take donations ONLY from institutions or doctors offices rather than from people. (I reached out to them anyway)

I have a second option, as these generics of Harvoni are made by Pfizer-Mylan in their Indian factories. (85% of generics in America come from India). If someone in need can have their doctor or PA/physician’s assistant write a prescription, that can be accepted by a pharmacy in India and it can be sent directly to the customer, it’s about $300 for the 12 week treatment. I found out because I traced where my medication came from, and I can forward that info. It’s about $300 for the 12 week regimen. It’s $1,500 when ordering through a Canadian pharmacies, such as: www.NorthDrugStore.com. (That was where my cure meds came from- but this Canadian pharmacy is the middleman for the Pharma Factory reps in India). Another option is Mark Cuban’s www.costplusdrugs.com. It is American based and they are using the Costco model which is 15% over cost and their generic drugs are shockingly cheap and new drugs keep being added all the time. But at this moment Hep C drugs are NOT on the site but as they’ve started to add HIV drugs, numbing creams for tattoo artist, and every type of drug out there, stay tuned with them, and always check whatever you need… but again, it’s going to come from the generics created in India.

When I received my Hep C drugs, paperwork had gone through US customs, which they had received from the Indian pharmacy, and will allowed it through, as it is for a single person, rather than being imported for resale.

I had a 2,000,000 per cc viral load, which means I had it for a long time and luckily for me, it 100% cured me and I never have to take another medication or even check on it ever again, AFTER a second blood test in three months just to be sure.

We now have options that can “cure forever” - 85% of the people for as little as $300. Good stuff.

1. Hi . Thanks for all this information. This could be very helpful for those who are strugging to pay for Hep C medication. In case anyone reads this and is considering filling prescriptions online, here is a wonderful article from the FDA about buying medication safely: https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/how-buy-medicines-safely-online-pharmacy.
        I am thrilled that you are cured and I hope you find someplace to donate your medication. Have you asked your doctor for any recommendations? You might be able to give the medicine to your doctor who can then donate it to Sirum. - Lori (Team Member)

Please read our rules before posting.