Cancer of the liver
Written by: Jonathan Simmons | Last reviewed: March 2015.
- Schwartz JM, Carithers RL, Jr. Epidemiology and etiologic associations of hepatocellular carcinoma. Uptodate. Tanabe KK, Di Bisceglie AM, Travis AC, Savarese DMF, eds. Accessed at: www.uptodate.com. 2014..
- Jemal A, Bray F, Center MM, Ferlay J, Ward E, Forman D. Global cancer statistics. CA Cancer J Clin 2011;61:69-90..
- Altekruse SF, McGlynn KA, Reichman ME. Hepatocellular carcinoma incidence, mortality, and survival trends in the United States from 1975 to 2005. J Clin Oncol 2009;27:1485-91..
- Chopra S. Clinical manifestations and natural history of chronic hepatitis C virus infection. Uptodate. Di Bisceglie AM, Bloom A, eds. Accessed at: www.uptodate.com. 2014..
- Fattovich G, Giustina G, Degos F, et al. Morbidity and mortality in compensated cirrhosis type C: a retrospective follow-up study of 384 patients. Gastroenterology 1997;112:463-72..
- Kanwal F, Kramer JR, Ilyas J, Duan Z, El-Serag HB. HCV genotype 3 is associated with an increased risk of cirrhosis and hepatocellular cancer in a national sample of U.S. Veterans with HCV. Hepatology 2014;60:98-105..
- Liver (Hepatocellular) Cancer Screening (PDQ®). National Cancer Institute. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/screening/hepatocellular/HealthProfessional/page2. Access on 080314..
- Singh S, Singh PP, Singh AG, Murad MH, Sanchez W. Statins are associated with a reduced risk of hepatocellular cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Gastroenterology 2013;144:323-32..
- Larsson SC, Wolk A. Coffee consumption and risk of liver cancer: a meta-analysis. Gastroenterology 2007;132:1740-5..
- Recommendations for testing, managing, and treating hepatitis C. American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases and Infectious Disease Society of America. March, 2014. Available at: http://www.hcvguidelines.org/sites/default/files/full_report.pdf. Accessed on 04/05/14..
- Schwartz JM, Carithers RL, Jr. Clinical features and diagnosis of primary hepatocellular carcinoma. Uptodate. Chopra S, Travis AC, Savarese DMF, eds. Accessed at: www.uptodate.com. 2014.
- Abdalla EK, Stuart KE. Overview of treatment approaches for hepatocellular carcinoma. Uptodate. Tanabe KK, Goldberg RM, Savarese DMF, eds. Accessed at: www.uptodate.com. 2014.