Tell us about your symptoms and treatment experience. Take our survey here.

caret icon Back to all discussions

20+ years with hep c

I was diagnosed with hep c in the early 90's.I have tried multiple treatments including interferon, ribavirin, solvadi and harvoni. None have worked. I am responsive to the NS5A gene but still no cure. However, I was only on Harvoni for 12 weeks and responded very well but was taken off drug to early. Now Dr's want me to try for 24 weeks but insurance company say NO. I am approaching the decompensated phase. I have cirrhosis now developing ascites. Meld score is 10 so no chance of a liver transplant for me. I'm about ready to give up.

1. Lisa, I am so sorry to hear that your insurance company is not cooperating. Have you talked to www.mysupportpath.com. Perhaps they would be willing to help you.

1. Dont give up

2. I have hep c since it was non a or non b. Did know what problem was.. when hep C was discovered I was treated three times before I was cured. Now ever bone in body hurts. I have vitaligo I was told this is result of hep c. Also have circuses. Is this true about my skin problem

1. Hi billfogg,

Thank you for taking the time to share all of that with us. I'm so sorry to hear that the road to being cured was such a long and tumultuous one for you. I am glad to hear you were able to achieve positive results though. Unfortunately, after reading the rest of your post, it seems like this great news may be overshadowed by the pain you're currently in. I'm so so sorry to hear you're in so much agony. Have you talked to your provider about this? Do they have any ideas as to what's going on or what you may be able to do?

Thank you again for sharing! -Casey, HepatitisC.net Team

3. I 'm working with the doctors on the arthritis. My other problem is I have Vitiligo all over my body. I itch often. Is the Vitiligo related to my Autoimmune system caused by my Hep C?

1. Interesting question, billfogg! Unfortunately, we can't answer specific medical questions like this via the internet (for your safety!), however, this sounds like something to bring to your provider as soon as you get the chance. Especially if it's interfering with your daily life! If you do talk to your doctor, let us know what they say! I'd be curious to hear their response! -Casey, HepatitisC.net Team

Please read our rules before posting.