Diagnosed HCV type 1 40 years ago at 16 years old

I am presently awaiting approval for epclusa and I do hope it doesn’t take long. I have been noticing many symptoms that I did not know where due to the hepatitis C. Since I contracted hep C at such a young age, I don’t really know what it’s like to feel I’ve always felt tired, flulike symptoms, digestion issues, depression, bone pain, and many other issues. But recently I’ve been having “spleen attacks” and issues with eating with poor digestion. Also, having issues being cold to the bone not getting blood to my extremities causing horrible wounds on my knuckles that don’t want to heal, many issues that I did not know where connected to hepatitis C. I believe that my liver has gone from stage 2 to stage 3 with these most recent acute symptoms and just awaiting treatment so that I can feel better and do daily life.

This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The HepatitisC.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.

Comments

View Comments (5)
  • Cosmicat author
    2 days ago

Also feeling extremely cold so cold I can hardly stand it my hands from the elbows on down and elbow extreme pain I believe it’s cryoglobulinemia but it will leave I go from extremes of extreme cold to the bone too hot now in the last 2 days but the extreme cold is way out there extreme in the hands and arms in the last 2 days where it seems like the symptoms exploded but I am forcing water and I am going to start taking it at night time I see if that gets better instead of in the morning at 7 a.m. I hope this helps somebody else I will update

• Randy moderator
    2 weeks ago

Hi Cosmicat.
    Thanks so much for your story. You certainly been going through a great deal. Treatment will certainly take the progressive burden off your liver and if you’re liver stage is F3 you should definitely see some improvement after curing. You mention freezing cold extremities and wounds; have you asked your doctor about this? You may want to see if he/she can test you for Cryoglobulinemia which COMPLETELY resolves after curing Hep C. I doubt you have it but it’s certainly worth consulting your doc about. I know it’s painful. Again, thank you for sharing and keep HOPE going forward. I’ll do that with and for you my friend. Stay connected ok? (Randy, Community Moderator)

• Cosmicat author
    2 weeks ago

Thank you so much ! I haven’t talked to my doctor about the cryoglobulinemia and hopefully we won’t have to with the cure.
    Cat

• Cosmicat author
    2 weeks ago

Thank you for your great encouragement ..that is awesome that your liver is rejuvenating and went from f4 to f2 !! I am so thankful that I have no side effects on my coming up 4th day on epclusa after hearing all of the side effects!! Since I contracted this hepatitis C at the age of 16 I really don’t know what it’s like to feel well so I am so very excited to see where this goes and how good I will feel. Thanks again for the encouragement Randy bless you!

• Randy moderator
    2 weeks ago

Hi Cat!

I’m with you 100%! I believe you’ll do well and most importantly feel better! I was F4 cirrhotic 4 years ago and treated and my Fibroscan now has me at F2 with a regenerating liver! Totally believing and hoping the same for you dear one! (Randy, Community Moderator)

• Poll