Diagnosed HCV type 1 40 years ago at 16 years old

I am presently awaiting approval for epclusa and I do hope it doesn’t take long. I have been noticing many symptoms that I did not know where due to the hepatitis C. Since I contracted hep C at such a young age, I don’t really know what it’s like to feel I’ve always felt tired, flulike symptoms, digestion issues, depression, bone pain, and many other issues. But recently I’ve been having “spleen attacks” and issues with eating with poor digestion. Also, having issues being cold to the bone not getting blood to my extremities causing horrible wounds on my knuckles that don’t want to heal, many issues that I did not know where connected to hepatitis C. I believe that my liver has gone from stage 2 to stage 3 with these most recent acute symptoms and just awaiting treatment so that I can feel better and do daily life.

This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The HepatitisC.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.

Comments

View Comments (10)
  • DeDeDe
    1 month ago

Was just found out in Sept. 2018 still waiting for meds. GT1b, its pretty scary… drugs say they make you sicker anc i could die.

• Lauren Tucker moderator
    1 month ago

Dede, Thanks for posting your comment. Keep us posted on your treatment. There are many people in the community that have been in your shoes and we are all here to help support you and provide you with information. Stay in touch. Best, Lauren (HepatitisC.net Team)

• Cosmicat author
    1 month ago

@dedede
    You just found out in September? Did you say you were scared about the medicines to be cured? I am on epclusa halfway through and my blood work shows all of over three million I only have 18 left so I’m basically about cured and the side effects are so worth the outcome. I believe that epusa has saved my life .. be encouraged !!

• Randy moderator
    2 months ago

@ cosmicat!

Hi Cat! I was just wanting to know how you’re doing now in your 3rd week of treatment. Thinking of you honey. All care and hugs. (Randy, Community Moderator)

• Cosmicat author
    2 months ago

Blessings Randy… I am getting ready to start my second month epclusa and things are better but I still have the extremely cold to the Bone arms and sometimes whole body and horrible horrible debilitating bone pain some days and muscle pain. I am on Norco thank God right now but I would like to be off of that also soon. I can literally feel the epclusa drawing the hepatitis C out of my body I have not had the really bad days that I had in the beginning so this is durable and it is getting better. I pray for everyone on any treatment or that are trying to get on treatment because it is a life-saving medicationand I must say I am so thankful for the availability of it to be rid of that horrible disease is worth it!!

• Cosmicat author
    2 months ago

Also feeling extremely cold so cold I can hardly stand it my hands from the elbows on down and elbow extreme pain I believe it’s cryoglobulinemia but it will leave I go from extremes of extreme cold to the bone too hot now in the last 2 days but the extreme cold is way out there extreme in the hands and arms in the last 2 days where it seems like the symptoms exploded but I am forcing water and I am going to start taking it at night time I see if that gets better instead of in the morning at 7 a.m. I hope this helps somebody else I will update

• Randy moderator
    2 months ago

Hi Cosmicat.
    Thanks so much for your story. You certainly been going through a great deal. Treatment will certainly take the progressive burden off your liver and if you’re liver stage is F3 you should definitely see some improvement after curing. You mention freezing cold extremities and wounds; have you asked your doctor about this? You may want to see if he/she can test you for Cryoglobulinemia which COMPLETELY resolves after curing Hep C. I doubt you have it but it’s certainly worth consulting your doc about. I know it’s painful. Again, thank you for sharing and keep HOPE going forward. I’ll do that with and for you my friend. Stay connected ok? (Randy, Community Moderator)

• Cosmicat author
    2 months ago

Thank you so much ! I haven’t talked to my doctor about the cryoglobulinemia and hopefully we won’t have to with the cure.
    Cat

• Cosmicat author
    2 months ago

Thank you for your great encouragement ..that is awesome that your liver is rejuvenating and went from f4 to f2 !! I am so thankful that I have no side effects on my coming up 4th day on epclusa after hearing all of the side effects!! Since I contracted this hepatitis C at the age of 16 I really don’t know what it’s like to feel well so I am so very excited to see where this goes and how good I will feel. Thanks again for the encouragement Randy bless you!

• Randy moderator
    2 months ago

Hi Cat!

I’m with you 100%! I believe you’ll do well and most importantly feel better! I was F4 cirrhotic 4 years ago and treated and my Fibroscan now has me at F2 with a regenerating liver! Totally believing and hoping the same for you dear one! (Randy, Community Moderator)

• Poll