Skip to Accessibility Tools Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Anything I can do for an inmate in prison with Hep C?

Please don’t judge, but my son got Hep C from a Tatoo and he is in Prison for 18 months. They are not treating his Hep C is that fair or LEAGAL? He is losing weight and has a skin problem also. Doesn’t this maybe risk other inmates? He is in where they put NON-violent prisoners they call if the farm.
Is there anything I can do?

Community Answers
  • Lauren Tucker moderator
    6 months ago

    Tash, just wanted to check in on you and see if you were able to get your friend some assistance. Sue certainly gave you some great contact information in her post. Let us know. Best, Lauren ( Team)

  • Tash
    6 months ago

    I have also been seeking information to help someone in prison, he’s sent me all his medical papers & things like that begging me to try finding help because the prison system literally has zero interest in curing him even though he’s had it for almost 20yrs & its taking a major toll on him. They couldn’t find a vein to draw blood & decided that it’s not important enough to care about & they’ll try again in a year. I seriously can not even understand how this is legal but I’m learning trying to find help for someone in the system is almost impossible & its not like they have full access to tools to help fight for themselves. I’ll have to take Sue’s advice on calling that number though, that’s the first I’ve heard of that program.

  • Susan Simon moderator
    7 months ago

    Hi Lulabell. Give the Hepatitis C Education Project a call. (206) 732-0311 or (800) 218-6932 They have a program called the Correctional Health Program and may be able to guide you. Good luck. ~ Sue, Community Moderator

  • Share Your Answer