What Is Ascites?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The HepatitisC.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Ascites: A Common Problem in People with Cirrhosis | ACG Patients. (2016). Patients.gi.org. Retrieved 24 June 2016, from http://patients.gi.org/topics/ascites/
- Cesario, K., Choure, A., & Carey, W. (2016). Cirrhotic Ascites. Clevelandclinicmeded.com. Retrieved 21 March 2017, from http://www.clevelandclinicmeded.com/medicalpubs/diseasemanagement/hepatology/complications-of-cirrhosis-ascites/
- Moore, K. (2006). Guidelines on the management of ascites in cirrhosis. Gut, 55(suppl_6), vi1-vi12. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/gut.2006.099580
- Nabili, MPH, S. (2016). Ascites: Symptoms, Causes & Treatment for Fluid Buildup. MedicineNet. Retrieved 21 March 2017, from http://www.medicinenet.com/ascites/article.htm
- Naga P. Chalasani, MD, FACG, and Raj K. Vuppalanchi, MD, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN – Published January 2006. Updated July 2013.
- Such, MD, PhD, J. & Runyon, MD, B. (2016). Ascites in adults with cirrhosis: Initial therapy. Uptodate.com. 21 March 2017, from http://www.uptodate.com/contents/ascites-in-adults-with-cirrhosis-initial-therapy