Hep C Resources
Receiving a diagnosis of hepatitis C can be scary and hard to handle. You are not alone in worrying about the diagnosis. For many, a lot of questions will arise:
- How will I afford treatment?
- Is there financial assistance available?
- Can I apply for disability?
- What is my prognosis? Is hep C curable?
- What should I expect in the journey ahead? I am…
- Just about to start treatment
- Currently in treatment
- Just ended treatment
- Just started a new treatment
- Finished treatment and cured
- How easily is hep C transmitted?
- Do I qualify for a clinical trial?
- Are there others out there like me?
- How can I create awareness for hep C?
- Where can I help others who were recently diagnosed?
If you’re worried about the costs of treatments, many pharmaceutical companies have financial assistance programs available. Looking for clinical trials? The National Institute of Health provides a website where you can search for available studies or find results from recent studies. Want to find out if you qualify for disability? There’s a site available to help guide you to see if you could qualify for government assistance. Want to talk to someone who’s gone through treatment? Help-4-Hep provides a peer-to-peer toll-free helpline.
In order to help everyone from those recently diagnosed to those looking to create awareness about the disease, we’ve compiled a list of these resources that can help you get answers to the questions above.
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) Treatment Guidelines
- American Liver Foundation
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Hepatitis C Online, University of Washington
- HepVu, Emory University
- HIV and Hepatitis.com
- National AIDS Treatment Advocacy Project
Prescription assistance programs
- Harbor Path
- Health Well Foundation
- Needy Meds
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance
- Patient Access Network Foundation
- Social Security Assistance, Medicare Prescription Drug Plans
- Find a Health Clinic
- National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable
- Social Security Disability Help
- Substance Abuse Treatment Locator
- Chronic Liver Disease Foundation
Still have questions or concerns about hepatitis C? Our Frequently Asked Questions page provides answers to common questions and statistics about hepatitis C.