Hepatitis C Resources
Reviewed by: HU Medical Review Board | Last updated: May 2022
Receiving a diagnosis of hepatitis C can be scary and hard to handle. You are not alone in worrying about the diagnosis. For many, a lot of questions will arise:
- How will I afford treatment?
- Is there financial assistance available?
- What is my prognosis? Is hep C curable?
- What should I expect in the journey ahead? I...
- Was just diagnosed
- Am about to start treatment
- Am currently in treatment
- Just finished treatment
- Just started a new treatment
- Am finished treatment and cured
- How easily is hep C transmitted?
- Do I qualify for a clinical trial?
- Are there others out there like me?
- How can I create awareness for hep C?
- Where can I help others who were recently diagnosed?
We've also compiled a list resources to help you through your hepatitis C journey.
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) Treatment Guidelines
- American Liver Foundation
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- HepVu (Emory University)
- Hepatitis Education Project
- Hepatitis B Foundation
- Hep C & HIV co-infection
Prescription assistance programs
Pharmaceutical company-sponsored programs
- Find a Health Clinic
- Help-4-Hep, or Help-4-Hep BC (for those in British Columbia)
- National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable
- Services Locator: Substance use/addiction and/or mental health
- Chronic Liver Disease Foundation
- National Harm Reduction Coalition (for people who use or are affected by drug use)
- Peer Navigator and Support Worker Guide from Help4Hep BC/Pacific Hepatitis C Network
Still have questions or concerns about hepatitis C? Our Frequently Asked Questions page provides answers to common questions, as well as statistics about hepatitis C.