Written by: Jonathan Simmons | Last reviewed: March 2015.
- Kim AY. Epidemiology, natural history, and diagnosis of hepatitis C in the HIV-infected patient. Uptodate. Thomas D, Bloom A, eds. Accessed at: www.uptodate.com. 2014.
- Alter MJ, Hadler SC, Judson FN, et al. Risk factors for acute non-A, non-B hepatitis in the United States and association with hepatitis C virus infection. JAMA 1990;264:2231-5.
- Staples CT, Jr., Rimland D, Dudas D. Hepatitis C in the HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) Atlanta V.A. (Veterans Affairs Medical Center) Cohort Study (HAVACS): the effect of coinfection on survival. Clin Infect Dis 1999;29:150-4.
- Sherman KE, Rouster SD, Chung RT, Rajicic N. Hepatitis C Virus prevalence among patients infected with Human Immunodeficiency Virus: a cross-sectional analysis of the US adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group. Clin Infect Dis 2002; 34:831-7.
- Yeung LT, King SM, Roberts EA. Mother-to-infant transmission of hepatitis C virus. Hepatol 2001;34:223-9.
- Murkowski MS, Mehta SH, Sorenson MS, et al. Rapid fibrosis progression among HIV/hepatitis C virus-co-infected adults. AIDS 2007; 21:2209-16.
- Kerman MA, Mehta SH, Sutcliffe CG, et al. Fibrosis progression in human immunodeficiency virus/hepatitis C virus coinfected adults: prospective analysis of 435 liver biopsy pairs. Hepatology 2014;59:767-75.
- Brau N, Fox RK, Xiao P, et al. Presentation and outcome of hepatocellular carcinoma in HIV-infected patients: a U.S.-Canadian multicenter study. J Hepatol 2007;47:527-37.
- Rockstroh JK. Treatment of hepatitis C virus infection in the HIV-infected patient. Thomas D, Bloom A, eds. Uptodate. Accessed at: www.uptodate.com. 2014.