How Hepatitis C Affects Veterans and How Veterans Can Get Treatment
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The HepatitisC.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Best LA, Ioannou GN. Prevalence and treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus infection in the US Department of Veterans Affairs. Epidemiologic Reviews. 1 Jan 2015; 37(1), 131-143. Available from: https://academic.oup.com/epirev/article/37/1/131/410571. Accessed October 18, 2018.
- Dominitz JA, Boyko EJ, Koepsell TD, et al. Elevated prevalence of hepatitis C infection in users of United States veterans medical centers. Viral Hepatitis. 23 Dec 2004; 41(1). Available from: https://aasldpubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/hep.20502. Accessed October 18, 2018.
- Hepatitis C: An Epidemic Among U.S. Veterans. Veterans Health Council. http://nvhr.org/sites/default/files/.users/u27/VeteranHealthCouncilFactSheet.pdf. Accessed October 18, 2018.
- Viral Hepatitis: Epidemiology of Hepatitis C. U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. https://www.hepatitis.va.gov/provider/reviews/epidemiology.asp. Accessed October 18, 2018.
- Backus LI, Belperio PS, Loomis TP. Hepatitis C virus screening and prevalence among US veterans in Department of Veterans Affairs care. JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173(16), 1549-52. Available from: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/1710121. Accessed October 18, 2018.
- Hepatitis C Virus (HCV). U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. https://www.hepatitis.va.gov/pdf/VA-HCV-Fact-Sheet.pdf. Published August 2018. Accessed October 18, 2018.